Sailing Sailing

Hi all, I have been busy today working on Otto. I started by replacing the nylon tube which houses the hood cable. Last week I tried to adjust the hood latch and managed to accomplish two things. One, I broke the nylon housing and two, I somehow threw my back out of alignment which cost me two lost days of work and an unplanned trip to my Chiropracter. That was enough fun for awhile. My doctor put me on his traction machine and did some manipulation and bingo, my back felt great. His instructions were go home and put an ice pack on it for 20 min. “No more no less.” After 20 min I was in so much pain  from the muscles being stretched and contracted. Today my spine is fine. The first pics are of the door panel “her side”, gotta have priorities. I did that early last week. Today I covered the sail panel with new vinyl. The photo with the socket on top is to show you what can be used for a roller. You see, if one happens to spray glue and suddenly realize the roller he has is not where he thought it was, one could get pretty anxious while the glue clock is ticking. I found this big socket and used it.  When the project was through I found two rollers. I ordered and received a new clutch cable, as you can see this one is mangled. Earlier I attempted to aligned the hood latch again. The hood sits just right but the headlights need to come up some. The last photo is the top sitting in the rear compartment. These cars have a stock bracket which accommodates top storage.

 

Let There Be Lights

Since the post I have installed the headlights, headlight motors, passenger side door handle, tail  lights, both outside door seals, windshield wipers and ran the wiring harness to these elements. EVERYTHING WORKS!! I will be posting more pics in the near future I have been taking them as I go. In the meantime the project is pressing forward.

Keep On Pluggin