Yesterday my transaxle found its way back home from Rancho Performance in Fullerton CA. It hitched a ride on freight truck heading North. So this morning my brother in law Tom and I revisited the flywheel/clutch assembly and checked the torque on all of the bolts. It’s a good thing we did too, the flywheel bolts were finger tight! I knew this because I just set it up for storage until the transaxle was completed. We torqued all of the flywheel bolts down to 80ft/lbs and reassembled the clutch and pressure plate and then we were ready to mate the AC50 motor to the transaxle using Sebastian’s amazing billeted aluminum adapter. This adapter fits a few different types of motors and is stamped TOP on the back of the adapter. We lined up the motor assembly and transaxle, making sure the TOP stamp was at the top and put the threaded studs into the adapter… but… they did not line up. I knew this adapter worked because when I recieved it I checked it against the bell housing… at least I thought I did. I procured a tape measure and measured the distance between the studs. Quickly we surmised TOP actually meant RIGHT SIDE for this particular configuration. All we had to do was twist the motor 90 degrees and viola’ she lined up and almost mated right in front of us. We did have to coax her a bit but the out come is one very attractive drive assembly ready for installation.
Keep On Pluggin