Door Panel (My Side)

OK I just changed a few things on the home page which I hope will allow easier access. This little 914 is starting to resemble a little sports car.

I’ve installed the drivers side door panel and hardware. I also worked on installing the rear deck lid hinges. I found a good way to do it but I only had enough strength to do one side. Alas I will have to recruit some help to do the other side. I also discovered that the front has been pushed in and needs to be pushed back out. I have a plan in the works for that. I will share when I go there. Here are the latest photos…

Wipers Work and Fun with Floorboards

I got the wipers to come on today (it was a relay) but now they work. The big project today was, R& R of the clutch cable.

In order to get to the clutch cable I had to first remove the floorboard which I am proud to say I was able to do (I love puzzles and how they got this design is nothing short of a masterpiece which would make a chinese box maker envious. Here you see the floorboard , what I found under it and the clevis, clevis pin and locking mechanism Last is the way I was able to stand up and work after being scrunched up in the passenger compartment. I sure am glad I am into yoga, it was very useful today.

Sailing Sailing

Hi all, I have been busy today working on Otto. I started by replacing the nylon tube which houses the hood cable. Last week I tried to adjust the hood latch and managed to accomplish two things. One, I broke the nylon housing and two, I somehow threw my back out of alignment which cost me two lost days of work and an unplanned trip to my Chiropracter. That was enough fun for awhile. My doctor put me on his traction machine and did some manipulation and bingo, my back felt great. His instructions were go home and put an ice pack on it for 20 min. “No more no less.” After 20 min I was in so much pain  from the muscles being stretched and contracted. Today my spine is fine. The first pics are of the door panel “her side”, gotta have priorities. I did that early last week. Today I covered the sail panel with new vinyl. The photo with the socket on top is to show you what can be used for a roller. You see, if one happens to spray glue and suddenly realize the roller he has is not where he thought it was, one could get pretty anxious while the glue clock is ticking. I found this big socket and used it.  When the project was through I found two rollers. I ordered and received a new clutch cable, as you can see this one is mangled. Earlier I attempted to aligned the hood latch again. The hood sits just right but the headlights need to come up some. The last photo is the top sitting in the rear compartment. These cars have a stock bracket which accommodates top storage.